Q. What can I copy?
It is not permitted to copy any copyright material unless the material falls into one of the categories below:
- copyright has expired (See above: How long does copyright last?)
- or you own the copyright (See above: Who owns copyright?)
- or the copyright holder has given permission for the work to be copied (See below: Obtaining permission)
- or use of the work is governed by a licence granted by the copyright holder (See below: Multiple copying for teaching purposes)
- or your copy, or copies is/are permitted by the Act (See below: Single copies for private study or research).
Please note the above is an interpretation of the law and does not constitute formal legal advice.