Q. What is SCONUL Access?
The University of Essex is a member of SCONUL Access, a scheme which allows many university library users to borrow or use books and journals at other libraries which belong to the scheme. The scheme covers most of the university libraries in the UK and Ireland. This is
If you are:
- an academic on an open or fixed term contract
- a postgraduate research student registered for a PhD, MPhil or similar qualification
- a part-time, distance learning and placement student
- or a full-time postgraduate
you may be able to borrow from other college or university libraries.
If you are:
- a full-time undergraduate student
- staff of a small number of higher education libraries not participating in the scheme
you may be able to use the resources of other college and university libraries for reference.
If you would like to avail of the services available under this scheme, please go to the SCONUL Access website and apply online. Please be aware that some member libraries may not offer access to all categories of user.
N.B. SCONUL Access visitors applying for use of the University of Essex library should note that applications can only be processed Monday to Friday from 9 am to 5 pm, access to students from other universities applies to the Colchester campus only. Access to The Forum is for all as it is a public library as well as an academic library. Access to East 15 library is not permitted.