Workspace has now replaced Eikon.
Requesting access to workspace:
- The first time you request access to Workspace:
- please use the self-registration page here to request an account.
- You will need to register using your Essex username - eg firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will receive an email link to confirm your email address, please click on this.
- The link will take you to a form to complete your registration.
- If you are re-requesting access and have already filled in the form above or been given access to Workspace before:
- please use this form to renew your access
- Once we have received your request, you will be given access to Workspace within 1 working day. Applications are processed between 10am - 6pm Monday - Friday (excluding bank holidays).
- Access is granted for 7 days (access expires on the 8th day after you receive the confirmation email from email@example.com).
- You will receive 2 emails, one from us and a Welcome email from Refinitiv
- Once you have received a confirmation email from us, you will have immediate access to Workspace. If you need the Datastream add-on, access will appear within 1 working day after you receive the confirmation email.
- The first time you sign up for Workspace, you will be asked to set your own password. Your username will be your Essex email address.
- If you have forgotten your password, you will be able to use the 'Forgot my password' link under the log in box.
- Staff will also need to request access using the form above.
Can we download the desktop application and/or Excel Add-in?
Yes, but we are suggesting using the web app as much as possible. This is because we cannot provide technical assistance on how to download the application and add-in.
Where can I find further support?
Support for finding data can be found on our Finance Subject Guide
I have a problem. Who do I contact?
Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org