Q. How do I book a printer at Loughton?
Loughton Printer Booking Terms and Conditions
Please note that these terms and conditions only apply to printing at Loughton Library and IT Centre under our current Covid-19 restrictions.
From Monday 5th October students and staff are able to book the printer in the Loughton Library and IT Centre using our online booking form. This service is only available during library opening hours.
- On arrival please come to the main library entrance with proof of booking and your University ID card. You will not be admitted to the Library without both items and will need to tap your card to open the door.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times while in the library building
- Maintain 2 metres social distance from others using the library
Before arrival (printing only)
- Open a new email and attach the documents (PDF or Word format only) you want to print to it. Send the email to email@example.com from your email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Your documents are held in a secure queue for 8 hours so to make sure your booking slot falls within this window.
- Wipe down the printer before and after use using the disinfectant wipes provided at the sanitation station.
- Use your library card to ‘tap’ into the printer and follow the instructions displayed on the notice board to print/scan/photocopy your documents.
- Hand sanitiser dispensers are available around the library for your use. Please wash your hands or use the hand sanitiser before and after your booking.
- Please leave promptly before the end of your booked time slot.
- Please cancel your booking if no longer required.
- Everything printed within the library must follow copyright law. You are responsible for making sure that you are only printing material that falls within these guidelines. If staff suspect that you are violating these guidelines you may have your printer usage suspended. You can find more information about copyright guidelines on our “Am I allowed to print or copy eBooks?” page.
- If you notice that the printer is running low on paper or ink, or there is an issue with the machines, please inform helpdesk staff and they will assist you.
- We are currently unable to lend stationery but the printers have a stapler for you to secure your work.
- You can book up to 2 slots per week
- One slot per day.
- All slots are 30 minutes and this includes the time needed to wipe clean the machine.
NHS Test and Trace
- The data you provide in the booking form may be shared as part of the NHS Test and Trace service in the event of another user testing positive for Covid-19. Your information will be used for no other purpose and won’t be kept for longer than 21 days.