Q. How do I reserve a laptop (Colchester only)?
We are currently testing laptop reservations. This service is available at Colchester only.
Laptops can be reserved for 1 hour.
To use this service, you need to have used the laptop loan machine within the last three months.
1. Go to the Laptop Loan page of the library website
2. Click on the link to Reserve a laptop
3. Type in your University of Essex email address (eg email@example.com)
4. Click 'reserve an asset'
5. If laptops are available, you will see an option to reserve. Click on this.
6. Click 'collect here' next to Albert Sloman Library
7. You will then see a confirmation screen and receive a reservation email. You will have 1 hour to collect the laptop.
8. On arrival at the laptop loan machine, scan your student / staff ID card on the reader below the screen.
9. Press 'Collect'
10. The screen will show you which locker to go to and the locker will flash.
11. Go to the column that the laptop is in and scan your ID card on the scanner on that column to unlock the locker door.
12. Remove the laptop from the locker, unplug the charging cable and then close the locker door firmly.