Q. Returned book still showing on my library account
Colchester and Loughton
If you think you have returned a book to the library, but it is still showing on your library account, please contact us.
- We will check the shelves at the library and get back to you.
- If we have not located the book on our first check, we will ask you to check your belongings again, or check with friends or colleagues you may have shared your books with.
- At this point we will change the status of the item on your account to 'Claimed return'.
- Library staff will check for the item 3 more times over the next month and encourage you to do the same at home
- If, at the end of the 3 checks, the item has not been located, the item will become 'Lost' on the library system and a replacement cost bill will be emailed to you
- If at any point the item is found at the library, it will be checked in and removed from your library account. If you find the book at home, please return it to the library as normal.
Was this helpful? 0 0