How do I set up my account on the Libby app?
The Libby app allows you to read ebooks and listen to audiobooks from the library's Overdrive collection of leisure and wellbeing titles. If you have borrowed a titles through the Overdrive webpages, you will also be able to access these through the app.
(See the FAQ on how to borrow books from Overdrive for more information)
- Download the Libby app - links can be found here including instructions for how to download to Kindle Fire devices.
- To link your University of Essex account to your app, follow the steps below:
- When asked do you have a library card, click Yes
2. On the next screen, choose the option to Search for a library
3. Type 'University of Essex' into the search bar and click on the magnifying glass to search. In the list of matching libraries, select the University of Essex
4. Click on Sign in with my card. This will direct you to the usual University log in screen, sign in with your Essex email address and password
5. You will now have access to browse titles purchased by the University.
For information on using the app please see our FAQ Using the Libby app